Commissioning & IST Management
Ensuring systems perform and interact as required before they are fully operational is critical to minimising the risk of downtime. At OI we see Integrated Systems Testing (IST) as more than just a contractual milestone; we believe that IST serves as a vehicle for knowledge transfer. OI works with clients to help develop their commissioning strategy. This is an essential project phase during which the installation undergoes thorough testing to demonstrate and validate that systems perform as designed. It includes the review/development of the client’s commissioning specification.
OI works in the validation engineer role, ensuring that the testing and commissioning is properly executed, documented, and signed-off from the Factory Acceptance Testing (Level 1) stage right through to systems (Level 4) and Integrated Systems Testing (Level 5). OI collaborates with project stakeholders to create robust sets of test scripts to demonstrate the installation performs in line with the design intent and manages the Level 4 and Level 5 tests on site. This helps facilitate project handover and supports training of the operational team.
Engaging with OI ensures:
• Designed levels of resilience and redundancy have been achieved in practice
• Roles, responsibilities, documentation, handover and training is addressed
• Clear commissioning specifications – reviewed and developed if necessary
• Full guidance on procedures, roles and responsibilities
• Reliable facilities that perform in line with expectations
• Onsite team gains a holistic understanding of the facility
• Thorough testing regime
• Confidence in operation
• Peace of mind