An Introduction to Data Centre Risk - Online
Price per delegate: £200 Course duration: 2.5 hours
We draw on our team’s extensive experience in analysing and solving risk-related problems in the data centre, to create the first online course dedicated to data centre risk. This course provides a brief introduction to the key data centre risk issues and is designed to be accessible to students with no prior knowledge of the subject. It comprises a total of 5 lessons followed by a short test. The course is accredited by CIBSE and can contribute towards your CPD requirements.
"A good all round CPD which I am happy to recommend that includes case studies, scenarios, discussion and a test.”
- CIBSE CPD Accreditation Panel
"The course was pitched at an ideal level for an ‘Introduction’, kept me engaged throughout and covered a good spread of topics"
- Paul Cranfield, Partner, VIPA Digital
"This was an interesting, great quality course which was highly valuable for me. I recognise a lot of topics from this course because I deal with them when I am at work in my data centre. I have gained a clearer view of risk and many factors that must be taken into consideration when designing a data centre and the importance of training the operators/engineers."
- Site Technician, Hyperscale Operator
Course Structure and Objectives
• Lesson 1 - Data Centre Failures: Infrastructure and Operations:
Looks at how these failures are caused by a combination of events which can be categorised as relating to facility infrastructure or operation. Essential concepts are explained via an interactive case study exercise.
• Lesson 2 - Theoretical concepts:
The concepts of availability and reliability are explained, focusing on how different variables impact these concepts.
• Lesson 3 - The Human Element:
Differentiate and categorise vulnerabilities associated with organisational and individual experience and how to overcome them.
• Lesson 4 - Infrastructure:
Recognise different types of system topologies and state the relationship between design complexity and required training.
• Lesson 5 - Business context of risk:
Assess the impact of risk on a business, and understand the severity.
Our background includes decades of designing, operating and analysing data centres; this knowledge has been used to educate hundreds of data centre professionals via our highly respected bespoke in-house training courses. Answering an increasing demand for flexible learning, we have built on this experience to ensure our online courses are of the same high standard and value as our in-house option.
Why Choose an OI Online Course?
1. Learn the theory of risk and apply it to a real life case study
2. Interactive learning experience
3. Content created by experts with years of data centre operation and education experience
1. Improved identification of areas of risk and their mitigation
2. Improved understanding of organisational resilience the need for business continuity management
3. Improved risk awareness and therefore reduced failure rate
Who should take this course?
This course is aimed at anyone involved in the data centre industry including data centre clients & operators, project & facilities managers, vendors, designers, contractors and suppliers
This course is accredited by CIBSE and can contribute towards your CPD requirements