Energy & Risk Reduction Programme Case Study 5
Chile data centre (chilled water with cooling towers). Improvements were recommended in the following areas:
Improve air management throughout the facility:
- Take temperature readings for IT and cooling equipment
- Establish levels of bypass, recirculation, negative pressure and air availability
- Implement best practices –blanking plates, grille replacement to improve air flow, rotate backward facing equipment, cold aisle containment and sealing of cable holes.
- VFD fan installation
- Optimise humidity control
- Descaling of cooling plant
- Lighting automation
- Change set points of generator heaters
- Improve teamwork –better communication between teams and improved excellence, quality and compliance.