Energy and Risk Reduction Programme. Case study 2
London facility that had already targeted energy reduction.
- Further air management – improved grille placement, blanking plates, and sealing of gaps in cabinets and floors
- Increased CRAC set points and free cooling
- Retrofitting of VFDs (to enable reduced fan speeds).
- Reduced fresh air volume of AHU (previously over-supplied)
- Lighting controls (previously lights were permanently on)
- Semi-containment (25% of the facility)
- Further increase of CRAC set points
- Reconfiguring of CRAC fan speeds in UPS room and data halls
- Semi-containment (remaining spaces)
- Further increase of set points
- Study of supply control and subsequent upgrade of control cards
- Removal of unrequired under floor cabling
- Solar gain window film
- Study of pump controls